SaludHondu/ HMHS is directed by our Planning and Operations Committee and overseen by the Officers and Board of Directors. We are represented by a diverse group of individuals who bring a variety of skills, talents, knowledge, and experience. We are headquartered in Wilmington, NC, and are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Through the efforts of generous donors, we provide financial support, supplies, medical equipment, and medications to Clinica Santa Maria in Reitoca, Honduras. Additionally, we provide health care support to the Honduran staff through periodic medical/dental brigades which we organize in the US and which travel to Honduras.
SaludHondu’s Officers and Board of Directors include:
- John Cromer, MD – President. John is a physician with international health experience as well as public health education and training.
- Mike Yarnoz, MD – Vice-President.
- Bev Murtagh – Treasurer.
- Kelly Burns Pike – Secretary. Kelly’s background as an elementary school educator provides us with a special interest in education for the children of this region.
- Fr. Robert Kus – Board Member. Fr. Bob is a Priest of the Diocese of Raleigh and serves as advisor and facilitator for our work in Honduras. He is bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Richard Creech – Board Member. Richard is a Nurse Anesthetist living in Wilmington, NC.
- Laura Vinson – Board Member. Laura is the director of St. Mary Health Center in Wilmington, NC. She is bilingual in English/Spanish.